Sunday, February 21, 2010

The Bomb Threat Tape (1995)

Photobucket

If ever there was an obscure, Oldominion related release this is it. In fact this would be the Holy Grail of such releases. This tape would not only serve as a launching pad for Oldominion artists Dialog (now Destro), NyQwil, and Snafu, it would also introduce the world to Shakespere (now Libretto), Bleek (now Pricy), and the world renowned Lifesavas.

I'm not exactly sure how many copies of this are out there but I know that it is rarely talked about or referenced anywhere. I feel that I would be doing Portland hip-hop a grave injustice if I didn't post this. To me it is the flagship release of mid 90's Portland hip-hop (along with DJ Wicked's first mixtape and Harsh Game For The People by Cool Nutz) and may never again shine like it did when I was a 16 year old kid, if the world were not to rediscover it.


Photobucket
Photobucket

1. Phenomenal by Bleek
2. Fusion (Set It Off)
3. Sabotage by Lifesavas ft. Da Brown Hornet
4. Playin' Your Game by Shakespere
5. Who I Be
6. Face Da Music by B-Thot (Dialog & NyQwil)
7. That's Why by Snafu & Tuk
8. The Incident
9. Bomb Threat

All songs produced by Jumbo


DOWNLOAD BOMB THREAT HERE

DOWNLOAD HI-RES ARTWORK AND LINER NOTES HERE


UPDATE: If you had trouble with track 3 you can click
Here
to download it by itself. Let me know if there are any more problems.

7 comments:

  1. Replies


    1. tHOSE links above aren't working, such a shame!!! Anyway, I already downloaded the full working album and I will share this to you guys cause.. why not right? This album is so great!


      CLICK HERE TO download THE FULL ALBUM

      CLICK HERE TO download THE FULL ALBUM


      ALL SONGS ARE INCLUDED SO HAVE FUN GUYS!!!

      Delete
  2. a classic. misfit massive y'all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. From The Stranger...

    http://lineout.thestranger.com/lineout/archives/2010/02/22/portlands-hiphop-classic-bomb-threat-1995

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanx for posting this out. Definitely enjoying. I love finding those "unknown" regional archives. Hopefully you have some more NW jewels to drop on here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nothing quite this epic, but I got lots more Oldominion related jewels.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is amazing. Thanks a lot for this. Pure classic.

    ReplyDelete